My Dog Made My Life Better

10:00 AM


Happy National Dog Day! To celebrate this amazing holiday, I'm going to detail all of the amazing ways Dallas, my dog, has made me a better person and improved my quality of life. Hopefully this inspires more people to adopt dogs.


Above is an infographic created by PuppySpot that shows the many ways dogs can have a great and wonderful effect on people's lives both mentally and physically.

I really love that PuppySpot is creating awareness of the many benefits that dogs give us. Especially because I can attest to many of these benefits.

Here are a few ways my dog, Dallas, has impacted my life.

Mind: Reduces Anxiety, Pain, and Depression

I adopted Dallas after I moved home from university for not being able to properly care for myself with depression and anxiety. By the end of the Fall 2016 semester, I was beginning to deal with crippling anxiety from school, past experiences, and a bout of depression from a Grade 2 Ankle Sprain.

I had wanted a dog for many years after my parent's dogs had passed away. My mom eventually agreed and Dallas nearly fell in lap. Since then, I have been able to better cope with my depression and anxiety. And for that, I thank Dallas, the best dog in the world, or at least my world.

Heart: Lower Blood Pressure

Both of my parents and some other family members have High Blood Pressure. Knowing this, I do my best to avoid getting it by living a healthy life. This is hard to do when I love popcorn and M&Ms with all my heart.

It's good to know that one way I can live my healthiest life is by having Dallas. Dallas makes me get out of the house, try new things, get more exercise, and makes me overall happy.

Body: Get the Recommended Amount of Weekly Exercise

Speaking of exercise and happiness, I'm sure we all know that exercise has great benefits such as "improving mental health and mood, reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, and increase your chances of living longer." - Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

I currently don't work out very much or at all, but walking Dallas daily for 30 minutes to an hour is a great start.

But keep in mind that these are just a few ways, there are so many other things dogs can do to improve someone's life. One way you can learn more about it is to get a dog and find out for yourself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like My Podcast on FaceBook

Follow Me on Pinterest