Backpack Essentials for College

10:00 AM


What you carry around in high school and then in college are quite different. For starters, you get to have a locker in high school to store most of your textbooks and folders, whereas, in college, you have to carry it all around with you.

I prefer to carry as little as possible, while still being prepared for anything. Here are the few essentials I have to carry with me to school.

Folder


Before I transferred universities, I had to walk around a lot to get to class so I hated carrying around a big full binder, not to mention that I was also carrying around several textbooks. To prevent back issues, I carry around my Mead Five Star Flex Hybrid NoteBinder. I really enjoy the lightweight flexibility of it since it can carry several stacks of paper without taking up too much space in my backpack.

Planner


I love planners and I especially love my Passion Planner. This is my second year using one, but my first year trying to use it effectively to reach all of my goals for the next year or so. I have the Undated Monday Classic Timeless Black which has some weight to it, but it's still not that heavy.

Pencil Pouch


My love for planners and stationery goes beyond just notebooks and planners. I have a genuine love for all things pens and markers. Because of my extensive collection, it's hard to keep them all in one place, so I use this Lihit Lab Teffa Pen Case in black.


I carry around my Muji Gel-Ink Ballpoint 0.5mm Pens, Stabilo Point 88 Fineliners, Pilot G-2 Gel-Ink Pens, and few other miscellaneous items.

Emergency Pack


Once I hit puberty, I realized how necessary it was to keep some personal "emergency" items with me. Things like chapstick, lipstick, tissues, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, and more. 

I'll be doing another post on what to specifically keep around with you in your own "emergency pack."

Other Miscellaneous Items


I do wear glasses, so I keep my glasses case with me for emergency cleanings. It also carries a random pair of sunglasses for those sunny California days. As a college student, you should always have a USB drive with you. Personally, I keep 2 in my backpack. As any millennial would know, I use my phone a lot. Therefore, using a portable charger to get my battery up to 80% is necessary and stays in my bag. And of course, I keep my wallet. A simple black wallet with gold detailing from Target. What I love about this wallet, is that it can be easily turned into a clutch for those purse-less days.

There are just a few things I keep with me. I usually have textbooks, notebooks, my AP Stylebook (journalism student problems), or my iPad with me as well.

What do you keep in your bag? Do you have an organization method that you use? Let me know in the comments below or start a conversation with me on my social media pages.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like My Podcast on FaceBook

Follow Me on Pinterest