My Favorite ColourPop Lip Products for Darker Skin

2:30 PM


After spending more than a year hearing people rave about how much they love ColourPop, I decided to go ahead and try some of their products. I've only used their lip products thus far, so I can only attest to that, but let me tell you, I'm in love! I love how pigmented their lip products are, especially the Ultra Satin Lip and Lippie Stix. I will say that the Ultra Matte Lips are great as well, but I find them very drying, but that could be because of my priming methods. Either way, let's talk about my favorite lip colors from Colour Pop!


Ultra Satin Lip - Baracuda


The soft feeling of this product is amazing! According to the website, Baracuda is a deepened rose color. I think this color looks beautiful on several shades and can be easily mixed with a lip pencil or Lippie Stix that is in a warm brown shade to really darken the color.

Also, I ate Thanksgiving dinner with this on, and none of it moved, smeared, or budged! I love when lipsticks don't just rub off.

Lippie Stix - Grunge


This is my go-to everyday lip color! If I'm not wearing regular Carmex chapstick, I'm wearing this. I love how this color looks on me. It's a beautiful brown shade with a slight hint of red. On me, I see this shade as a nude lip. I plan on buying this Lippie Stix in bulk when I get close to running out.

One thing to note about the Lippie Stix is that these products wipe off quite easily, so be careful when putting anything near your lips and be prepared to reapply.

Lippie Stix - Cami


Another favorite of mine. I don't wear this product as much as Grunge, but it's still great. This Lippie is a nice mauve color, but the picture online and in person do not look the same way once applied. Keep that in mind. Anyway, I love to mix this with Grunge to bring down some of the brightness and pinks in it. Personally, I wouldn't wear this shade without mixing it first.

And that's it! As a darker-skined woman of color, it can be hard to find shades that work for me, but these three products work the best so I've found. Also, I'm still new to wearing lipstick. As I find more shades that I like, I'll be sure to post about them here on the blog. Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like My Podcast on FaceBook

Follow Me on Pinterest