Top 5 Favorite Inexpensive Makeup Brushes

10:00 AM

I'm a pretty simple girl when it comes to makeup. My everyday beauty routine is fairly simple and easy. For several reasons including the fact that I am a college student. (a.k.a.: I have a pretty small budget when it comes to makeup). I'm also usually pressed for time in the mornings especially. Fortunately, I've come across some really great and inexpensive brushes that I really love using and that help make my makeup routine easier.

Most of my brushes are from a 13-piece makeup brush set by BH Cosmetics, E.L.F Cosmetics, or some random, non-labled company.


BH Cosmetics Medium Powder Brush


I really love this brush! For an inexpensive brush, it's super high quality. My favorite part about this brush is that it doesn't shed! I really hate when hairs start coming out of my makeup brushes because they always get stuck on my face. I also really like this brush because it's great for light coverage or reapplying makeup later in the day. It's super soft too, making dusting light makeup very easy and quick. Unfortunately, the brush set I have has been discontinued but you can find a similar one here.

E.L.F Powder Brush


I've had this brush for a few years now. In all honesty, I have had this brush so long that I should probably get a new one. Anyway, I love this brush for when I want more coverage. Unlike the BH Cosmetics Powder Brush, I can really cover up all my blemishes and even out my skin. The only problem that I had with this brush was when I first started using it, the hairs started coming out of the brush. Especially after I cleaned it for the first time. I'm pretty sure that some hairs coming out after a wash is normal, but it's still pretty irritating. You can find this brush here.

E.L.F. Eyeshadow "C" Brush


Like the E.L.F. Powder Brush, I've also had this brush for a long time. Longer than the Powder Brush actually. The main reason I've kept it this long is because it is a great, long lasting brush. Also like the Powder Brush, some hairs did come out after the first couple uses and a lot came out after the first wash. I usually use this brush to apply eyeshadows with shimmer in them. It does a great job of applying color to my eyes and helps me build my eyeshadow. It never applies the eyeshadow too strong. You can find this brush here.

E.L.F. Eyeshadow Contour Brush


This brush is great for blending out eyeshadow in the crease of the eye, as well as, defining the crease. This is a newer edition to my brush collection and so far I haven't had any issues. This is also a new edition to E.L.F. inventory of brushes. I'm really glad they added this brush because I didn't have any other way to blend out my eyeshadows. Since this is a contour brush, it doesn't have too many other uses but it is my go-to brush for blending. You can find this brush here.

BH Cosmetics Spooley Brush


I normally don't have time to do full-on face makeup everyday but I want to look pretty put together. I feel most put together when my eyebrows look "on fleek". I don't do the whole concealer line the above and below the brow because I really don't have time for that and I personally prefer the natural eyebrow look and that's where the spooley brush comes in. Not only does it brush my eyebrows into place, it also helps smooth out the eyebrow makeup. You can find this brush here.

Those are my 5 favorites from my collection. What are your top 5? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like My Podcast on FaceBook

Follow Me on Pinterest