7 Step Makeup Routine for an Easy Morning

7:06 PM


To keep my morning routine as simple as possible, I use 7 products. I like to call it my lucky 7 makeup routine.

Before the Makeup 


Of course I moisturize and prime before I get started applying make up. I moisturize to keep my skin from being dry and prime to help prep my face for foundation and other products. If you're looking for a simple skin care routine, I wrote about it here.

Step 1: Eyebrows


I usually do this step first because I use my foundation to clean up around my brows. Right now I use Rimmel London's Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 004 Black Brown. I fill in my brows lightly and then use Maybelline's Great Lash in Clear to hold them in place. I know that the great lash is a mascara but it's clear so I can use it as a brow gel.

Step 2: Foundation


Right now, I am using Maybelline's Fit me! Matte + Porelesss in 355 Coconut. I just started using this product and I really like it so far. I have very oily skin and this helps keep things under control.

Tip: If you are like me and have pretty decent skin, do not use a lot of foundation. Especially not liquid because it will start to cake up.


After my liquid foundation, I use L'Oreal's True Match powder in c6 Soft Sable to set my liquid foundation.

Tip: Again, I only use a little just to help mattify the liquid.

Step 3: Blush


If I feel like it, I will use a little blush. I don't use a lot because I don't want to look crazy! But I use enough that it brings a little more color to my face.

Step 4: Mascara


My favorite mascaras are Maybelline's the Falsies Volum' Express and the Colossal Volum' Express, and my newest fave, Covergirl's Full Lash Bloom.

I have long lashes so I use enough that it looks very natural. Also, I wear glasses so I'm not usually concerned about my eyes. Hence why I don't use eyeshadow or eyeliner.

Step 5: Lips


I love ColourPop lip products because they are great quality and very inexpensive. You get a lot of bang for your buck. 

My go to lip color is ColourPop's Lippie Stix in Grunge. It is a matte lippie that doesn't get a matte as a liquid lipstick. I love it!

Setting the Look


I set my look with a simple E.L.F. setting spray. It's an okay product. I'm looking to invest in something better in the future. 

And that's it! A super simple look that looks natural and is easy to do. Most of the time, this look only takes 10-15 minutes to complete depending on how slow-motion I'm going.

What products do you use everyday and want to rave about? Let me know by contacting me via my social media pages!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like My Podcast on FaceBook

Follow Me on Pinterest