My Big 3 Blogging Goals for 2017

10:00 AM

Happy New Year lovelies! Now that 2017 is finally here, it's time to create goals for my blog. I'm not very big on goals usually, but this year is different. I have 3 goals that I want to achieve by the end of the year. These are goals that I believe are achievable, not only for myself but other bloggers as well.

Work on Average Session Duration

As much as clicks on a post or a blog are important. I think that the average session duration is important too. The average session duration (ASD, as I call it), is the amount of time readers stay on your blog. The longer, the better, because it means that readers are staying on your blog and reading your post.
For my blog, according to Google Analytics, the average session on my blog is 3 minutes and 29 seconds. That's not too terrible considering that I barely posted in 2016, but it could be better. So, in 2017, I am going to work toward getting my ASD up.

Overall Goal: Get Average Session Duration to 10 minutes by January 2018.

Be More Consistent

In February 2016, I posted once per week the whole month. I had set this goal because I knew that I wanted take blogging seriously. Unfortunately, I fell off after the next month. Being a college student is hard work... It's been a struggle to get back into being consistent with posting. Although there are several other reasons for this, I want to focus on why or what increased my reason for not being consistent.

Overall Goal: Post a minimum of 2 times per week for 2 months.

Stay Motivated, Stay Inspired

This was another reason for the lack of posting over the last few years. I kept feeling unmotivated and uninspired. I know that I want to help other students and young people, but I had a hard time staying motivated. That lack of motivation was making me struggle to create content that I not only enjoy, but feel confident about publishing.

Overall Goal: Find inspiration in all things.

Those are my 3 big blogging goals for 2017. I'm really excited about doing whatever it takes to accomplish these goals. Comment and let me know what your blogging or personal goals are for 2017!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm totally trying to be consistent and get my ASD up also! I can't wait read more of your content this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Girl! Consistency and ASD is key. Haha. Thank you! Here's to a New Year! :D

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like My Podcast on FaceBook

Follow Me on Pinterest