Least Favorite Natural Hair Care Products

10:00 AM


I've been natural my whole life, as in I haven't been using any chemicals in my hair. But I've only been a born-again natural since 2016. In that time since then, I've encountered some really great products and some not-so-great/borderline horrible products. There aren't many items on this list, but these are the products I won't be spending my money on again or recommending to others.

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

This is probably the worst product I have ever tried. I know YouTubers have been raving about it for years, but they must have changed their formula or did something different in past few years.

I really don't know how any brand could mess up a deep treatment masque. There are so many better products out there to try and I would recommend you try those and not this. I have no plans of adding this back into my collection.

Tresemme Split Remedy

I think I can fairly say that this product 100% doesn't work. And here's why:
According to Refinery 29, "There's no actual 'cure' for split ends, and all hair types are susceptible, no matter the color, texture, or length. Once the strand is split, it's split."

I had really bad split ends in 2016 because I hadn't trimmed my ends in a really long time, and I was trying to find a product that might help. I don't really trust stylists with my hair, so I was doing my best to avoid them. This product was definitely not the solution to my problem.

Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Conditioning Shampoo

All I wanted was a conditioning, yet cleansing shampoo for my hair. I use a lot of products so I wanted something that could keep my hair smooth, but also remove product build up. This was not that product.

It has a weird smell, which made my hair smell weird and I hate that. Definitely not buying this again.

Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Conditioning Mist

I have no clue what is up with this product.

So, it's supposed to be used on braids, weaves and more. However, whenever I spray it, I feel like nothing comes out. All I get is scented air. That's it. I don't know if something is wrong with my bottle or what, but I don't like it and that makes me upset.

One good thing about it is that it does smell really good. I will give them points for that.

Well, that's it. I don't usually have issues with the products I buy, but these ones just gave me a hard time.

What are some products that you don't like? Share them in the comments below or start a conversation with me on my social media.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like My Podcast on FaceBook

Follow Me on Pinterest